As an aside to the last post here were a couple of differences between she and me in the pulpit:
1. When She was done with her kids sermon, she told the children to get their coats on before they went to children’s church.
2. She is short. Therefore, when standing on a stool in the pulpit, she totally owned that she stumbled a bit. Congregation laughed warmly. #wearweaknessasarmor
3. I wander, she stands still. Congregation appreciates not having to worry about preachers getting in their personal space.
4. She never once said, “Saint’s of God…” (in that oratorical sort of way)
5. She does not wear a robe as I do. Not because she doesn’t want to, just because they don’t make them in her size and she refuses to wear a child-sized choir robe. #whatiswrongwiththeworld
6. Totally owns knee high boots in the pulpit. Respect.
More to follow…